Sunday, January 23, 2011

Work, work, work, work, work....

While the country is in a recession, people are out of work and those looking for jobs cannot find one, I am blessed to have a great job. Sometimes, when people decide to quit, it opens up opportunities for extra shifts. While I am quick to pick up as much as I can, Once in the thick of it I question how much I can handle. While my job as a paramedic can at times be stressful, it is rare for where I am one. We run an average of 2-3 calls in a 48 hour shift and sometimes do not even run that many. It all depends on the people of the county. So, in short, a 72 hour shift or longer can become VERY long. Being away from home can be hard, especially on weekends. I miss my kids and my wife. I am very glad to have this job and a career lasting 16 years so far in EMS. I hope to retire someday to pursue my true passions...music and cooking. My dream is to earn a living from songwriting and occasional performing. But my goal is to run a small bistro style place large enough to hold about 80-100 people and host bands from time to time. No alcohol, just great food, coffee and atmosphere. A place where people can come, hang out, read a book, sip some coffee or soda and get a gourmet sandwich or salad. Open mic night every night. Book local bands and display local artwork. This is my dream...I hope to get there before I turn 50. That gives me 12 years. God is faithful...if we serve Him with all we have and are faithful with little, he will bless us with much. My much is not too lofty, but it is the desire of my heart. - Jamison

No comments:

Post a Comment