Monday, July 26, 2010

Boston

This weekend was a weekend of firsts. It was my first time playing in New York City, and the first time I have ever played with another churches worship team in a worship concert setting. I had the chance to run through several of my songs with the team from Christian Life Church in Connecticut. I made some great lasting relationships with several guys, Gary, Dan, Troy, Isaac and Thomas as well as the pastors wife Cathey and his daughter and son (twins) Chanel and Luke. They were awesome to work with and very patient with me. The morning on Sunday found me leading the church in 2 worship services, then we had a special service that evening as an outreach of the young adults ministry team in the community. That was when we really amped it up...good times. Had a great turnout and received many kind words.

Today we awoke at 5:30 am to get an early start at our trip to Plymouth and Boston Mass. We went to Plymouth Plantation and got to walk through there and visit with people whos job is to learn every minute detail of the character they are portraying and to make them come to life for visitors. It was pretty cool. It was like stepping back in time. Very unique experience. I highly recommend it. We then munched on some great seafood and headed to Boston. I had a coffee house/bookstore event scheduled. Unfortunately, the manager had no idea we were even coming. I guess someone dropped the ball. Either way, I set up in the bustling coffee shop of a downtown boston Borders book store and played some hard hitting christian music along with my 13 year old daughter acoustically to a room full of people who could care less....until the last song. It is one called "One". It quite bluntly proclaims that Our God, Jesus Christ, is the only true God. The only One...that seemed to turn some heads and make people make some faces...Some even walked out. You see, this part of the country is known for it's liberal ideals and value system. It was obvious to me that we were a light in a very dark place. I could not help but notice how clean the city was...how people seemed content. I heard God while preparing to leave...He told me how easy the enemy can deceive people into thinking they were fine, no need for Godly things...Nice clean exterior with garbage on the inside....

We are of to some sight seeing in the Boston area as well as Salem Mass and on up into NH and Maine. Till next time...DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment