Sunday, July 18, 2010

VACATION!!!

Well, that magical time has come...the summer vacation. I have been so incredibly busy through the summer starting in May with playing events all over the midwest, working countless hours and saving my pennies in anticipation for this particular time. We (my family and I ) are about to set sail on a voyage aboard the USS Big Red. Translation, our 1993 Ford Club wagon van. It is a huge van purchased for the sole purpose of touring and long trips with the family. There is enough room for the whole band and all of our gear. I found it on craigslist for $1500! This van is in amazing shape...New motor, tranny, exhaust, ignition system, battery and 4 brand new tires. Been to the shop for a full on inspection and it is ready for the road. So tomorrow at 8pm we leave the heat and humidity of S.E. Kansas for the lush mountains, sandy beaches and sprawling cities of New England. I have booked 5 events out there to promote the CD release. I have a concert in New York, 1 in Boston, another in Western Mass. and 2 in CT. So needless to say, I am pretty stoked about just getting to play. On top of that, we will be doing extensive traveling in the area taking in all the sites. I will be posting photos on my facebook profile as we go so check that out if you want to see where we are.

August is building up to be a busy month of playing all over the local are as well. We have been blessed to have several opportunities to play and have been blessed by those who have hosted us. I look forward to the next few months as the band and I play and hopefully reflect the relational church message that we sing about. Thanks for checking in! Till next time - Jamison

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy yourselves in my neck of the wood. Drink an iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete