Monday, March 1, 2010

The Wait

Sometimes we as humans tend to be a bit impatient. I am VERY impatient. I am one of those people who likes instant gratification, instantly...now. Right now!!! Well, God is not a God of instant gratification. He has shown me in recent months how to be more patient. I am tested on this daily.
If you put a pot roast in the oven for only an hour, what you have is a very tough piece of meat. You can eat it, but your body will have a much harder tie with digestion, not to mention chewing it up....But if you let is simmer, over time, what you get is so tender you can cut it with a fork.
While things in my life seem to creep by, even sometimes just stop, I know that God's timing is perfect. I only have to put the meat in the oven and wait it out. Soon, what I really desire will come to me. A life with more tender moments, better flavor and one easier to digest. If I live in His will, wait for Him to make the move, things will be way better. - Jamison

No comments:

Post a Comment