Monday, January 11, 2010

Past and Present

This weekend has been pretty up and down. Up in that through the magic of Facebook, I have re-connected with a good friend from high school. Kelly and I were thick as thieves back in high school. We also went to junior college together for a year. While in high school and college, we had the chance to sing together. I always remember how well our two voices blended and how we could switch who was doing melody and who was doing harmony without even thinking about it. It was cool.
This Sunday, Kelly and his family came to our house to visit. I had not seen him in 15 years. We had a nice lunch, visit and then began to play music on our guitars and sing. With the upcoming release of my CD, I thought it would be cool to have Kelly sing with me when I was playing in the area. So when I book a gig somewhere in southeast Ks, or in that general area, Kelly will be on stage with me. I am excited for this prospect. Kelly is hard at work now learning all of the songs and practicing the chords. I will post local appearances as they become available. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment