Friday, January 22, 2010

Production


I am posting this just to keep anyone reading this blog notified as to what is going on with the record. I received the cover art and approved it on Thursday this week. I am thrilled at how it turned out. I like it for several reasons. 1. The colors are very soothing. 2. The detail is slightly obscure due to shading. 3. The Title is in a nice font and size. 4. While I am in the photo, my face is not. This lends itself to my personal dislike of self promotion. While it is required for any artist to promote their recordings, I feel it more important to promote what the album is about. For me, that is the music therein, which in turn promotes Jesus. So while the cover is a bit ambiguous and un flashy, I appreciate how it accomplished that goal while looking really professional. Thanks to Cole Roberts at Tate publishing for his artistic vision for this project. Also thanks to Keri Butler for her vision in the photography. You will see a lot of this image both on my face book page, myspace and my website that is being built. www.jamisontunes.com
Please comment on any of my posts to let me know you are reading and I will continue to post things as I can. Thanks to all those supporting me in this venture. - Jamison

1 comment: