Saturday, January 30, 2010

Weather or Not

I awoke on Friday morning to the sound of my little girls voice saying "I had a bad dream". Bear in mind, that this was shortly before 4am. I had planned on getting up at 5 to get ready for work. My wife prayed with her and assured her it would be ok, but nonetheless, she returned moments later asking to sleep on the floor or to in some way stay in our room with us. Since we have a queen bed, the prospect of having her with us in the bed would have meant that no one would really be able to sleep well. So, I decided to give her my spot and go ahead and get up.
It was a good thing, in the night, mother nature decided to drop snow and ice in the area, thus elongating my trip. The trip to work normally takes me an hour and 15 minutes. It took just over 2 hours. The snow continues to fall behind me and as I am told, there is about 1-2 feet now. So as I return home tomorrow, I will drive into worse weather than when I left. I hope to get a chance to go sledding with my kids...Either way, I will be home with them and that is what I am eagerly awaiting.

1 comment:

  1. What a great dad. While snow is pretty, it gets annoying when you're trying to get to a destination at a scheduled time. Hope all is well and the dream wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete